Friday, December 7, 2007

The Rest of the Series

The Game of Life?, 2007
Lithograph

For a Good Cause?, 2007
Lithograph

These prints are a continuation of my series on the effect of consumerism on America. The top print deals with the issue of kids driven to sit and play video games rather than be driven to get up and move around. I wish they knew how much they are missing by glueing themselves to the box.
The next print is another one of those little ridiculous things that people do. They believe they are contributing to a cause by plastering their possessions (vehicles) with bumper stickers that are in support of those causes. In actuallity, if they would stop purchasing and using the bumper stickers, they would probably actually do something worthwhile, like save a tree...

1 comment:

DaniL said...

Ooh, the top one came out really nice! That's a really cool image, I like the contrast between the figure and the TV. I LOVE the second one, that's hilarious. I've never really thought about that before! I see cars with all kinds of those stickers all the time, and the irony of the resources used for the purpose of telling other people how much you love the environment never occurred to me. Great print =)